Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

Time once again for the midweek progress report.  For the first time I'll be linking up to Yarn Along at Small Things, as well as WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
My Framed-In Quilt is on the frame and being quilted!  I'm using an allover squiggle-loop-star that has become something of a signature quilting pattern for me; it's easy, quick, and a mix of traditional and whimsical, so it seems to work with many quilts.  And the Megaquilter is behaving itself, which is always nice.
Jack's Chain is the other active quilt project at the moment.  I have a quilting day this Saturday at church and I hope to make a lot of progress then.  Also looking forward to Friday night, which is the Cedar Tree auction.  I have 3 quilts donated to it, and the signature quilt is in the live auction!
In knitting, I have finally gotten to the pretty lace part - with beads! - of my Black Roses stole, also known as Lady MacBeth.  Another 30 rows or so and I'll be at the halfway point.  I have been reading back issues of National Geographic.  That was my Father-in-Law's Christmas present from us; he always enjoyed them.  Now they are coming back to us.  I'm always amazed at how fascinating the different articles are.  I liked the special issue on China from before the 2008 Olympics, and the story of all the archeology behind identifying Queen Hatshepsut's mummy.

All my projects:

  • Framed In quilt - on the machine now.  It's my May UFO project
  • Jack's Chain quilt - plugging away a little at a time
  • Black Roses Stole - using Oral B superfloss to attach beads on the lace border.  I'm enjoying this part.
  • Traveling Companion Shawl - I'm past the halfway mark, I think. 
  • knitting cotton bath rug - no progress
  • knitting argyle-fest - no progress
  • startitis for both quilting and knitting continues to be a big temptation as the school year winds down and stress is everywhere
  • spinning - almost finished filling the second bobbin of Wensleydale.  I'm planning to take my wheel with me to quilting on Sat. so Joyce can try it out.

  • 1 comment:

    karen said...

    I have that shawl favorited! Glad you are enjoying it and beads!! oh my that is going to gorgeous :)