Friday, May 25, 2012

Finished Traveling Companion Shawl

My 5th shawl in the 12 shawls in 2012 Ravelry challenge is finished: The Traveling Companion Shawl.
Quarta helped me model it.  550 yards of vintage Indiecita Alpaca in fingering weight.  It counts as the first "large" shawl of over 500 yards, of two total required for the challenge.  Not that there is a prize, but I'm a play-by-the-rules kind of girl.  And then there is the fact that I don't wear shawls much, but we don't worry about that.  Because the knitting is the fun part.  Yay!
And here is Quarta's latest creation: an entirely edible re-enactment of the Boston Tea Party.  There were audible gasps of amazement from the other 4th graders when I carried it into her classroom.  She did it all herself; I only helped get the brownies out of the pans and I came up with the idea of cutting a slot in the Twizzlers to hold the Necco wafer heads.  I think there was some concern that it would need to be refrigerated over the weekend before it's consumed, but I figure frosting from a can probably has enough preservatives in it, don't you?

No comments: