Monday, October 31, 2011

Crumbing along nicely

I now have 63 blocks and counting for my Crumbs quilt.  Whenever I have a few free minutes I go and make some more and get threads all over my black skirt.
There are 12 star blocks...
...14 tree blocks (I'm seriously thinking this could be a good signature quilt for the upcoming Cedar Tree auction; just let the kids pick a light patch to sign on)...
...3 heart blocks, and the rest are all free-form, mostly log-cabin.  I figure I need about 140 for a dorm-bed sized quilt, but if I get tired of making them before that I can always make a generous lap-size quilt.

Most of my little triangles come from a bag of leftovers I've been saving forever.  I came close to tossing them during my last cleaning session, but I just couldn't do it.  And I've been cutting up some of my failed experiments or extra blocks, too.  Maybe I can give myself permission to toss them all after this project... goodness knows I've got enough new fabric I've been waiting too long to get to!

5 comments:

Elaine M said...

Blocks look great. Has that relaxed outdoor look with the blues, greens and trees.

Jo said...

They are looking wonderful. I am hoping to make my civil war blocks into a large scrappy quilt. I only have about 50 of those done. Hopefully if I can squeeze a little time in for them.

Béa said...

Wonderful, love all your blocks !

Ulla said...

Very nice blocks, you have been busy! I'm way behind at the moment.

Cheryl Willis said...

I love how this is coming along, great job! cw