Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday and Yarn-along

Rebooting.

Steve gave our main computer a full lobotomy Monday, consulting with the Dell tech guys in India.  He's been rebooting it, re-installing things, and restoring from Carbonite ever since.  My photo editing capability has been limited until just now, so I'm rushing to get a few updates posted before Wednesday's completely gone.  My laptop may be next in line for a lobotomy.  [[shudder]]
My Country Stars quilt is rather large and cumbersome at the moment, bigger than my design wall can handle.  I'm also hoping to mount my Farmer's Wife top onto the Megaquilter frame, but I've not been sewing much for the last few days.
Finally! The brown socks are finished!  They fit Steve, but they just better not shrink.
Farmer McGregor Socks.  I am so glad to be done with them.  I will not be doing more socks for a bit.  Instead, I'm indulging in queue-diving on Ravelry and some startitis is already ensuing.
The Carnaby skirt, which I've been wanting to make for ages out of some reclaimed tweed yarn from a thrift store sweater.

And should I turn that lovely green Simply Cotton sport into Rosalind, or maybe Milena, or the Ruched Yoke Tee?  Rosalind is lovely, I think.  I've been perusing knitting patterns in my library, including back issues of Interweave Knits.  There are just so many patterns I like!

Books I've been reading: Just recently finished Suetonius, Lives of the Twelve Caesars, and Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible.  I'm starting my first fiction book in awhile - The Pericles Commission by Gary Corby.  It's a mystery set in classical Athens, and I quite like it so far.



No comments: