Monday, February 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday and Stash Report

{insert primal scream here} I'm stressed beyond belief and really wishing I could afford an appointments secretary to make sure my kids get signed up for the things they need to get signed up for.  How is it that I spend ten hours (that I don't get paid for) making sure everyone else's kids are signed up for the Latin Olympika, and miss the fact that Tertia has missed the first two weeks of play practice because of a conflict with bowling?  The teacher's children have no permission slips.  Seriously, how do other teachers manage to get everything done and still have good attitudes?  I guess she won't be doing the play this year.  I hope I can get Steve to break it to her.  I just returned from the dentist where they ground down the chip on my crown that probably was caused by my chronic teeth clenching.  Stress, what stress?  All I can say is that however hard I work, it's never good enough.  Tertia, plodding along in the special ed class in public school, is always getting the short end of the stick.  I can mostly keep up with things at Cedar Tree (with anywhere from 5-20 hours of unpaid labor a week in addition to what I get paid for), but I still seem to have lots of people upset with me at any given time.  People, I dare you, try my job for a week.
So here are the most recent crumbs blocks on the design wall.  I'm really not sure how I feel about my job right now, so maybe I should wait until I'm in a better place before planning the quilt I'm making for the auction.  It will look great... if I ever get to work on it.

Stash Report:

Quilting fabric:
Fabric used this week: 6.5 yards for Easy Street backing (to be mounted very soon on frame)
Fabric used year to date: 16 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 3 yards
Net used for 2013: 13 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 880 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 910 yards
Net used for 2013: -30 yards in the hole and working hard to finish more

1 comment:

Quilting Nonnie said...

I'm so sorry you're having such a rotten time. It is difficult to do all you're talking about. I've gone through somewhat similar circumstances. I know how stress becomes the constant visitor. I have 3 kids all in their 30's, I'm pretty sure Tertia will be fine. She'll be unhappy, but in the long run, trust me, she'll remember how much you love her. I hope you can get some breathing in; maybe a good massage? Someone you know should be good at that. Hang in there.