The bad economy is my gain, once again. So many of my favorite shops have been going out of business. This time it's Woodland Woolworks
-- I've never been to their physical store, but they have been my primary supplier of fiber for several years now. I just don't spin enough on my own to keep anyone in business. But I did take advantage of their 25% discount to stock up on some things I needed, and some things that would otherwise be luxuries. Clockwise from top left:
- 8 oz. of natural hemp sliver
- 2.5 lb. of superwash Colonial wool, destined to be dyed orange for my sister's sweater
- 1 lb. of Wensleydale Longwool top
- 2 oz. of Tussah silk top in "Hallie's Berries" colorway
- 4 oz. of Bluefaced Leicester from Frabjous Fibers in "Atlantis"
- 4 oz of Targhee from Sweet Grass Wool in "Ladyfern"
Closeup of the Atlantis:
It should keep me spinning for awhile. Of course, I still have a stash of older stuff.
Post a Comment