Monday, June 17, 2013

Design Wall Monday - And Stash report

 Here's what's on my design wall this Monday.  I'm going with this inspiration:


I'm using scraps from previous "Civil War" quilts, but trying for an overall effect that is more "country" and not so much of either Civil War or Christmas.  Soon I will need to calculate yardage needed for the red.  But for now I'm enjoying playing with different color combinations for the Ohio Star blocks.
Our adventures with the bees made me remember this old cross-stitch I did years back.
For a long time there was a pile of bees on the garage roof, underneath their original spot.  I have no idea what they were doing.
They repositioned themselves once or twice early this morning, then seemed to be quite comfortable here for awhile.  You can kind of see to the left, where they flattened some of the leaves from swarming around that branch before.
I took this picture in case we needed someone to come and remove them, but it turns out they removed themselves about midafternoon.  They just started swarming again, and moved off -- first over the neighbors' yard, then across the street (they were fascinated by the streetlight pole for awhile) and then... somewhere else.  From what I understand about bees, they have three days' worth of honey inside them to allow them to find their new home.  I hope it will be in the neighborhood -- but maybe not right over our back deck!
It's been a busy couple of days.  I also finished Orca Bay.

Stash Report.

Fabric:
Fabric used this week: 1 yard for binding Orca Bay
Fabric used year to date: 41 yards
Added this week: 5 yards (backing for Farmer's Wife, extra-wide, plus some more Kona Copenhagen)
Added year to date: 23 yards
Net used for 2013: 18 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 6000 yards.
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 3800 yards
Net used for 2013: 2200 yards

1 comment:

Terri in BC said...

Congratulations on finishing your Orca Bay quilt! It looks great - don't you just love Bonnie's designs?