Saturday I finally did it. My UFO Feathered Star had been loaded onto the Megaquilter frame for a few weeks. I never had the time or energy to get to it, and I was fearful of the freeform feathers that I was determined to machine quilt on there. But I worked on it all day, off and on (it's only a wall quilt size) and I got all the feathers done, and I'm really, really happy with them! Here you can see the feathery whirligig I quilted into the center octagon.
And here is a sample of the background squares and inner border with leaves and vines. The quilt is being bound now and may even be a finish soon. I'm so glad I ordered the replacement tracks for the Megaquilter; it's doing its thing very nicely now. I'm going to try to get Jack's Chain loaded up on there soon. Now that I can do freeform feathers, I won't be afraid of quilting anymore. Or at least, I shouldn't.
For the yarn-along, this is my Citron shawl. I'm starting the final repeat, and it's lots of comforting stockinette stitch. It will be my 11th in the 12 shawls in 2012 challenge that I am insanely trying to complete. I finished reading the Mark of Athena (latest in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series) and it was a lot of fun but to tell the truth, most of my reading lately has been grading and work related, or the news over at the Drudge Report.