Monday, June 18, 2012

Design Wall Monday and Stash Report - Bonus Jack's Chain

This ought to be the last time for Jack's Chain on my design wall.  It's my bonus baby quilt that I made with all the extra blocks I ended up with because I didn't do my math first.  It will also give me a chance to practice whatever quilting design I choose on a smaller scale before starting the big one.
I made up a tutorial last week for how to piece Jack's Chain.  Check it out if you want to make one yourself!
I've been playing with the concept presented by Anita Grossman Solomon in Rotary Cutting Revolution and made these blocks.  They're on my design wall too, but they didn't turn out great because I didn't starch them first.  I'm still at loose ends with what quilting project I want to take on next.  It will probably be something very simple.

With graduation and end of school, it's been 2 weeks since my last of these also:
Stash Report:

Fabric used this week: about 1 yard for Jack's Chain Jr.
Fabric used year to date: 48 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 27 yards
Net used for 2012: 21 yards

Yarn used this week: 0 yards (working on 2 shawls)
Yarn used year to date: 2506 yards
Yarn added this week: 816 yards (finally finished plying my Wensleydale)
Yarn added year to date: 1308 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 1198 yards
I'll post pictures of my new handspun tomorrow maybe.

No comments: