Saturday, October 10, 2009

Life, The Universe, and Everything

Here I am on the eve of my 42nd birthday contemplating life, the universe, and everything. The cellular peptide cake (with mint frosting!) has been eaten and enjoyed, the little girls have, unsupervised, taken a bath together and, supervised, mopped up the water afterwards. And my wonderful firstborn has given me this gift -- technical guidance in setting up a blog of my own.

I love the online blog community... I spend far too much time online, wandering through the public rooms of people I don't know in real life, admiring their work and thinking about their lives. Maybe it's some universal human impulse to create a society where there was none before. I prefer that to the alternative view that we are all so many disconnected consumers of random electrons and our culture is doomed. Whatever the case, I'm venturing into Blogland now.

No comments: