Today is the day I give my nasty ol' final exams to my 6th-8th grade students. I'm pretty sure several of them will be sick with the stomach bug or strep that's going around, so I'll have a lot of make-ups to arrange. Tomorrow will be our last day and then we're heading off early Friday (I had to arrange three subs) to go to Lake Tahoe for spring break. The rumor is that we're going to attempt skiing. This will be most entertaining to watch, I'm sure. We managed to live 6 years in Denver without ever picking up the hobby. Well, my Dad who learned to ski at age 65 will be showing us around... we'll be hanging out on the bunny slopes, except for Secundus, who has been snowboarding twice and has limitless confidence.
The summary of WIPs:
- Aunt Maggie's Quilt - finished the label, done and done!
- Farmer's Wife Quilt - about 15% done with sashing
- March UFO knitting bag - no progress, but I have to move the fabric every time I use the cutting area
- knitting Maluka shawl - done, blocked, and waiting to be blogged
- knitting Black Roses Stole - slow progress, about 25% through the 1st half
- knitting cotton bath rug - no progress
- knitting argyle-fest - no progress
- spinning blue Wensleydale - I finally filled one bobbin of laceweight-ish!
Check out all the other stitching going on at Lee's Freshly Pieced today.